HOME ABOUTINTERIORSRECIPESBEAUTYPRINTABLESTUTORIALS SHOPFEATURED

VINTAGE PLATES

I have a collection of old, vintage, mismatched dishes that have been hiding in a cupboard for far too long. Now that I've finished my Spring cleaning and given the place a spruce, I've decided I needed to get them out and display them. I stumbled upon some great uses, and creative displays for my collection. I love the idea of using them as jewelry storage. I store my makeup in tea cups and small vases on my vanity but why not my watches and rings!


image via

image via

Hanging your collection on the wall gives individual pieces more strength, because they are displayed in numbers. A few plate hangers, and a clever layout could be just what I need in our guest room above the desk! To make hanging plates a breeze, lay them out on butcher paper or newsprint and trace around the arrangement marking where you need to put the nails. Then hang the paper on the wall and hammer the nails straight over the top. Once you rip the paper down you will be set.

image via


image via

image via

I love this idea for re-purposing plates and candle sticks into cake stands. It would be great at a shower or wedding reception. Or for a little girl's tea party. If you have a large collection of china, and vintage dishes from a family member plate rails are a great display option. This collection makes a big statement on this wall for little money, and its sentimental.

image via

No comments: